Saturday, May 29, 2010

Less than 48 hours to go . . .!

As you can see in the picture, we stopped in St. Louis long enough to visit the arch. It is HUGE! We then proceeded to try and get lost several times. We actually succeeded. But enough about our accomplishments.


So now here we are in Nauvoo. As we drove in, the sun had just set and it's lingering light cast beautiful colors upon the waters of the Mississippi. It was simply gorgeous. There's no mystery as to why this place is called Nauvoo (the beautiful). The "white envelope" is still unopened and safely ensconced within the bowels of the trusty red shopping bag we brought. We didn't meet up with Caleb as we have no idea where to find him. However, being the sleuth that I am, I (we) will stalk him at church in the morning. We will leave no pew unturned.

Monday night, 8:30 local, is the time for the unveiling, the grand opening, the revealing, the disclosing, the . . . . well, you get the idea. If you would like to post a guess as to where Caleb will be sent next, please do so here and I can assure you that the person who guesses correctly (or at least comes the closest), will be handsomely rewarded with your very own batch of homemade brownies OR homemade ice-cream. Your choice! If you can't post there, send me an e-mail at alan.allred@gmail.com or send me a text 480-220-4272. Good luck and may you all be correct!

9 comments:

  1. Dallin Stone thinks that Caleb Allred is going to Washington DC on his mission!

    And if I get a foreign guess, I want to say... South Africa. But DC is my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma Thurber says The Brittish Isles. Not sure why I said that but it sounds good! If not there then maybe South Carolina! Have a wonderful time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caleb is going to join me in Canada!
    Lucas Bodine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama Gray thinks Caleb will go to the Philippines probably in Sept. Love the pictures in Nauvoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get to go up inside the arch in St. Louis? Our family did a couple of years ago while traveling home from Nauvoo and loved it! We consulted as a family and we feel that Caleb is going to Sydney, Australia. We have a long line of Australian missionaries in our family. Our son Ethan was baptized there, and his grandparents, great and great great grandfathers served there as well. Can't wait to hear. Love and Best Wishes! The Hansen Fam

    ReplyDelete
  6. hm...well well well this is a tough one, because Caleb is a very unique individual and I know the lord can use a Missionary like him :) I think that Captain Caleb is going to go to Africa yes Africa!! Decision made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm...well probably because I am a little biased, I would have to say LONDON, England! Or, for you Brother Allred, I would also guess Glasgow, Scotland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lawrence Family thinks Caleb is going to Hong Kong! We think he would do great there! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Caleb will go to... Iceland! That feels about right. Or Portugal. So excited to find out! Ah!

    ReplyDelete